Friday, March 28, 2014

Everything is Awesome

FWF Unity Stamps.
Well, I missed the midnight dead line by six minutes.  That is OK everything is still awesome because I can still enter it in the monthly Challenge.  I started out thinking I was going to make a layout because I need to do 12 pages before my oldest son graduates but I ended up with a card. They had a great sketch for inspiration for this months Challenge. I love the word "awesome" always have, always will.  I love to tell kids they are awesome, I like to tell adults they are awesome for that matter.  I ordered the sentiment 'awesome' right away when I started getting into Unity Stamps.  I thought it would go well with Congratulations cards and Graduation Cards.  Than yesterday my prize came from last weeks FWF for my comment.  Which had a misspelling by the way and my profile picture was blurry...hmmm, how is that for making an impression on my new Unity friends?  Anyway, in there was the stamp 'YOU ARE'.  So I knew right away I would combine it with my 'Awesome' sentiment stamp I already had.   While I was making this card tonight, I found my self sing the song "Everything is Awesome".
       "Everything is Awesome"  from the Lego Movie happens to be a very popular song on kids radio right now. That song, and "Let it Go" from the movie Frozen, seem to be played every hour.  The words are seared into my brain, and I can belt those two songs out with the best of them.  I have not seen the Lego Movie, my son was obsessed with Legos.  I have probably 2000 dollars worth of Lego's in plastic tubs in this house.  My daughters were only interested in Duplo's well past the recommended age of 5.  They still play with them for hours.  Why Duplos you may ask?  Well because you can build houses for your Pretty Ponies of course.  N, my son, saw the Lego Movie when it came out with his friends.  I am sure they all have a tub or two of Lego in their basement too.  He is a senior in high school and he said, "It was so awesome". Y and S, my seven and eleven year old girls just are not interested in them.  They have spending their not so hard earned dollars on Friends Legos(damn you Lego advertising geniuses).  I need my son to get them to that Lego movie, to get them interested in what Legos we have.  I need a return in my investment.  Kind of like the reasoning I  used when I said "I am going to making cards to save money since I already have all the supplies for scrapbooking".  That financial plan has not worked out real well for me either. Can you say Unity Stamps and Copic Marker obsession?

If you want to learn more about it just check out Unity Stamp Company Monthly Challenge.



Supplies:
Paper: MME 6x6 Away We Go
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company
Ink: VersaMagic chalk ink- cloud white
Hearts: October Afternoon Woodlands
Twine: American Crafts Ribbon
Chalk tape: Fancy Pants
Punches: Fiskars and Creative Memories Circle punch(R.I.P. CM, you will not be forgotten your legacy lives on with your awesome two circle punch).

Thanks for looking at my first attempt at chalking with stamps.  I think I need another kind of ink to make the words darker to show up more.  Have a great week.
LB


2 comments:

  1. too bad you missed out but there is always next week, I love this card it is awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a last minute gal Corrie. That is when I do my best work:) Thanks for your sweet compliment.

      Delete