Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Don't go Stressing me out.

Today for my monthly Challenge entry at Unity Stamp Company I went back to my roots.  I started making card only as a means to use up paper scraps from pages I made or from others.  I did it when I would get together for a weekend crop, I like to visit and my friend is a scrapping machine.  So as I was visiting and she was making pages like a mad woman I would collect her larger pieces.  Did I mention she is ultra organized and would never keep scraps, nor is she interested in making cards.  It made me happy for some reason to create something from what otherwise would have thrown away.  Plus I found it relaxing and cards could be made quicker so it was instant gratification.  It made me feel like I was accomplishing something as I always feel a little guilty leaving my 3 kids and it helped justify the weekend.

Some where along the way I became obsessed with Unity Stamps.  I started doing {show& tell} and Friend with Flair.  It is a good obsession but today as I was trying to figure out how to water color paint I found myself stressed out.  I am not artistic at all. I can barely drawn a decent stick figure. This is not why I started making cards.  So I dug out my hopper of paper scraps and made a shower card for our niece. It has the colors from the Challenge. It has minimal stamping on it.  I used Heartfelt Sentiments.  I love the way it turned out. Now I am relaxed and I have my card ready for the shower next weekend.  Yeah ME!

Supplies
Paper: Wester Pages 
embellishment heart: Webster pages
pearls: Recollections
Cardstock: Bazzill
ink: Ranger Distress Ink walnut stain
ribbon: American Crafts
staple: Ranger mini





Unity Stamp Company Challenge


3 comments:

  1. This card is so beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the image and red bow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this card is gorgeous...nothing wrong with letting the paper do the work.

    ReplyDelete