Sunday, September 3, 2023

Growing in Unity- Day 1-It has been awhile!

Hello to my fellow Unity Stamp lovers:

I had not realized that it had been so long since I had participated in {Growing in Unity}. It does make sense, I that is about the time I went back to my regular gig as a Speech-Language Pathologist in a permanent position verses being on call while my kids were growing up.  My kids are almost all grown and flown as they say. I just have one still in high school and she is our third child, can you say Independent?. I miss the craziness of having 3 kids living at home. I am not going to lie I did like it for awhile when my son moved back home during the beginning of Covid.  It was fun being a family of five again.  We cooked, we baked and played a lot of board and card games. I even took 3 months off from work, as I was working as an Outpatient therapist at the time and our clinic was closed.  I had grand plans to organize, clean and create.  The truth of the matter is none of that happened. I did crossword puzzles and watched most of the episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress-Atlanta"(I do me love me some Lori and Monty). 

That is why I lead off my week with the Life Update-Still a Mess stamp. It sums my life up in one stamp set. I feel like I should make it into a business card and hand it out to the people I meet. I embrace the chaos it seems, always have, I think I always will. 

This card is pretty basic card, with no real tricks or tips to share.  Just that the wood frame die cuts are kind of a challenge. The grain indents kept separating when I was trying to glue them on, but I do like how the black wood grain frame keeps that vintage kitschy look. 

This is a fun card and I know exactly who I am sending it to. I hope you enjoy my posts this week. Remember to comment below for a change to win one of two prizes offered by Unity!




Supplies

Unity stamp Still a Mess

Unity Pattered paper The Secret of Change

Pink glitter Epoxy dots- Whit Card Kit July 2021

Black Paper- American Crafts

Twine- American Crafts

Wood Frame Infinity Dies- Hero Arts 

Vintage Photo Distress Ink- Tim Holtz


17 comments:

  1. great card, love the pink and black together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start to your GIU week! I.love this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been a favorite stamp set of mine for a long time and have not used it for a "minute" so you reminded me! Thanks! Great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Card! This is a great layout and color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! The pink and black definitely compliment the vintage look of the stamp image. --Chris Shuman

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card! Love that woodgrain frame! You're off to a fabulous start! Have a great GIU week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back. Lovely card. I like the offset focal panel. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card! I'm looking forward to seeing your projects this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. girl.....I feel all of this!! LOL Your card is super cute!! Looking forward to what else you have in store! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card! Love the color combo and the wonky angle of the image. I love punny sentiments ... even if they're true! hehe Just be you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, LB! Great to see you back! What a super cute and fun card! Hey, I just purchased those wooden frames dies up yesterday, so thank you for the timely inspiration! Looking forward to your GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great image and color combo! Love the retro style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty. Love how you colored her blouse to match your patterned paper. The sentiment would be perfect in so many instances.

    sue nagata

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back and I look forward to your week. This lady is in my stash and needs to be inked up; your card is just the inspiration I need to make a card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the fun vintage feel of your card and that sentiment is so funny.

    ReplyDelete